Tuesday, March 4, 2014

weekend reunion.


It happened!

Eric came home! My man completed his 6-week intensive training. About half of the men who attended this school were sent home, but Eric graduated at the top of his group. That is such a rare and exclusive accomplishment, and I couldn't be more proud of him. 

On Friday around 11:30pm, I made my way to the PDX airport, parked the car, and anxiously awaited at security. A few moments later, I saw my man round the corner and our eyes met for the first time in what felt like forever. Within a couple seconds and after several quick steps, I was back in his arms, feeling right again.






Perry was so excited to see her dad!


The weekend was wonderful. I took Monday off of work, so we spent three whole days together. Most of our time was spent getting Eric caught up on the comforts of being home. That included sleep, TLC from Perry Pup and I, and lots of food. In the 6 weeks he was gone, he lost over 15 pounds. It shows. We made sure to eat everything, catch up on some good movies, and soak up all of each other's free moments. We also got a chance to spend some quality time with the McOmie family in Forest Grove. As always, that consisted of great company and delicious food. The weekend of excess consumption, visits with great friends, and relaxation was more than I could've hoped for. 

After our 3-day reunion, another week-long training pulled Eric back to the Army. Perspective turns out to be the silver lining here. A countdown of 5 days seems like nothing compared the 42-day countdown that was just endured. And for that, I'm so thankful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment