Monday, February 10, 2014

snowed in.



If you're an Oregonian, you probably experienced the crazy Snow-pocalypse of 2014 this weekend! I'm not used to seeing much extreme weather here in Oregon, but this weekend was definitely one for the books.

Thursday started normal as can be, until noon brought the flurries. I have lived in Ohio, Utah, and Idaho, where it was much more common to see feet upon feet of snow. So, I have to admit, seeing the reaction that this little dusting brought made me chuckle. I wondered how anyone could be that worried about a little snow. However, I didn't complain when I was sent home from work at the ripe hour of 1pm. I scooped up Perry Pup from day care, and headed home for some much appreciated down time.

Waking up on Friday morning was a surprise, though. My little apartment in Wilsonville had at least 5 inches! The excitement of being able to work from home was counteracted by the disappointment of being home-bound. I had totally underestimated how bad this storm would be, and failed to get food to stock my already-empty shelves. It was a resourceful weekend of meals, to say the least.

Buried ankles in my driveway.

The weekend was filled with down time with the pup. Since we weren't able to drive anywhere, we put in HOURS of reading, Netflix, Pinterest, munching, playing in the snow, and relaxing. Perry was so happy not to be in her crate for 4 days straight, and we snuggled as much as possible the whole time. We even got a walk in to Starbucks! Caramel Flan Latte for me, Puppachino for Perry (It's just a little whipped cream in a cup, but it's adorable. I encourage all dog owners to try ordering one). Those close to me know that I love quiet, cozy time, so it was fair to say this weekend was a happy one for me. My one complaint: I missed Eric. A snowed-in weekend together is something we'd love to have, but we'll have to wait for the next time around.


Always reading over my shoulder.

She's officially taken Eric's side of the bed!
First snow experience :)

Speaking of, 24 days down for McHomie in Arkansas. Only 18 left! We're staying sane with FaceTime, Snapchat, and as many phone calls and texts as we can squeeze in. He's doing AWESOME at Sniper School, despite the lack of sleep and good food. They seriously don't feed him. It will be "Operation: Fatten Eric Up" when he returns.

Thank goodness for technology.
This morning I was pretty excited to get back to work. I do love lazy time, probably more than the average person, but even I have a limit. Plus, I was glad to have an excuse to change out of my sweats and wash my hair. Even with the 1-hour late start, this morning brought a sloppy, slushy mess of a commute. I only live a mile from work, but I slipped and slid the whole way. Scraping the 7 inches of icy slush from my windshield wasn't too fun either (only took me 20 minutes). I guess the snow was fun at first, but it has officially worn out its welcome.


Scraping snow off of my car. Took a good long while.


Hope you all had fun taking advantage of the weather! Let's hope it happens again... but not for a long while ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment