Sunday, February 2, 2014

hello.

Hello, and welcome!

After debating for quite some time on whether or not I wanted to start a blog, I finally settled on yes. Yes, because it's a great way to mass-update everyone on life's events, and I love reading the blogs of my other friends. So, here I am giving it a go.

As of this moment, my life revolves primarily around two things. The first being the Doodle that my boyfriend Eric and I love and own. The second, the service that Eric volunteers to the Oregon National Guard. Thus, "doodle days & dog tags".

Currently, home is Wilsonville, Oregon. After getting a job at a Home Health company (that I love), it was decided that a short commute was high on the priority list, and I didn't like my old apartment anyway. It was time to leave the mold, and get away from the crazy Beaverton traffic. The fact my parent's house is a short drive away was also an added bonus.

The living room, bathroom, bedroom, walk-in-closet (!!!), dining room, and Perry modeling the front door. 


























Right now, life is somewhat of a waiting game. Eric is set to deploy to Afghanistan on May 20th. 107 days from today. All I want to do is soak up every last minute with him before he leaves, but he is currently in Arkansas for Sniper School. For lack of better words, this school he is at is a big deal. The most promising snipers around the country are picked to attend this intensive 6-week course. Many get sent home throughout, but the best stay and graduate. He gets back in 25 days (getting closer!)

The Sniper Man himself in action. (At a June Training)


This gives us 81 days. 81 days from the time he comes back a certified-expert-sniper (probably not the official title), to the time the army takes him from me again. Needless to say, I'm kind of freaking out. I've never had much exposure to the military before Eric, and I'm not really sure how this all goes. Don't get me wrong-- I'm so proud of him and couldn't be more happy to be with a man of such courage and honor, but we're about to plunge into a year of the great unknown. A year of wondering whether he's safe, when I can talk to him next, when will he come home ... the list goes on. I am a firm believer that getting through this will only make us stronger, so we're ready to tackle this year and get through it. But, before that, 81 days of togetherness. I hope they pass by as slowly as time will allow.

Happy faces this Winter.

So there you have it, the start of dd&dt. Feel free to check back for more updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment