Saturday, October 11, 2014

taking stock.

I think I've come to the conclusion that October is my favorite month of the year. Oregon Octobers are beautiful like nothing else I've seen. They stay warm and sunny (usually), but the season's changes come in full-swing, and it's hard not to fall in love with the surroundings. However, this year it's been a difficult month to remain completely upbeat through. Autumn is a time that especially reminds me of Eric and our relationship. Eric and I started dating in October. We had our first kiss on a bench in a park on a weekend night around 2am in October. We got to know each other in October. We bought Perry in October. Our best beach trips have been in October. I guess this month is just one that I especially want Eric around for. October has always been a month of celebration, and one that tends to make me reflect on all the good going on in my life. This year I am still reflecting on all the good in my life, but I'm also painfully aware of what (who) is missing as well.

In the spirit of reflecting, I thought I'd try something new out. I've seen a few other blogger friends compose these "taking stock" entries, and I want to give it a shot. Maybe I'll make it a regular thing, who knows. I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new season! 



Bookmarking: Lots and lots of wedding inspiration.
Cooking: not much. Eggs, sometimes.
Drinking: tea. Always tea. And water.
Enjoying: quiet time, and getting back into an exercise routine.
Hoping: for strength, composure, perspective, peace, and a centered mind. 
Feeling: apprehensive, flustered, impatient, grateful.
Following: PLENTY of wedding blogs. Style Me Pretty is my new addiction. 
Giggling: at Perry. She's constantly brightening my days.
Knowing: The more I learn, the less I know.
Liking: my new room in my dad's place. There's these cool beams and arches, and it's unique and homey.
Looking: at old photos.
Loving: technology. Thank goodness for texting, Skype, and the abundance of wireless internet. 
Making: mine and Eric's wedding website! I'm no web designer, but I'm really digging it so far.
Marveling: at the happiness and growth of so many of my friends. I've witnessed marriages, engagements, new jobs, new homes, I am so happy to witness such wonderful times for wonderful people.
Needing: energy to adjust, endure, and remain positive.
Noticing: little changes in my personality and tendencies. Before filling in my "taking stock" entries, I re-arranged the categories in alphabetical order. That is so not me.
Opening: an Amazon Prime delivery. Yay for herbal supplements. 
Playing: Netflix. Obviously.
Reading: I just started "Gone Girl". I'm losing momentum though, I need to keep at it.
Smelling: cinnamon/vanilla wax melts.
Thinking: about how 2014 has been quite the year of change for me. Moving, the deployment, the engagement, the marriage, the divorce of my parents, and changes at work. I'm so looking forward to 2015, I am hoping for it to be the year of celebration.
Waiting: For my man to come home.
Wanting: Ditto "waiting".
Wasting: time. But, I've heard that time enjoyed wasting is not wasted at all. I couldn't agree more.
Wearing: my engagement ring, a bracelet Eric had made for me, a necklace Eric had made for me; the three things I wear every day. The rest is just clothes.
Wishing: ....at the risk of being redundant, I'm wishing for someone to safely return.
Wondering: how recent changes at work are going to play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment