Friday, August 8, 2014

negative one-year.

Today marks the negative one-year wedding anniversary for Eric and I! That's right, in one short year, we'll be celebrating our marriage (and the 470-day anniversary of it) with our loved ones at a gorgeous vineyard in Salem, OR.

Just last weekend, I took several of our family members out to the venue for the first time. They were all floored. I was floored! This place is just gorgeous. I hadn't seen the venue since the initial tour Eric and I took, and it was so different to see it in August, and to see it as "our wedding venue". We had seen it in April, and while it was still beautiful then, seeing it in the month that our wedding will take place was amazing. The sun was shining, the flowers were all bloomed, and picturing our day suddenly seemed much easier.














See what I mean? This place is just stunning. It's so us-- earthy, secluded, rustic, and beautiful.

Coincidentally, last weekend I also spent a day with my mama in other parts of Oregon wine country for her birthday present! Back in March, I got us a 4-stop winery tour with Embrace Oregon, and we finally used it. It was such a fun time, and we even made friends with our tour buddies. Nothing brings strangers together better than 5 hours of wine drinking!






As for our army man, he's still working away in Texas, awaiting the day they fly off and leave. That day is still not certain. In fact, it changes quite often, and he's not allowed to tell anyone when it is. But, we know it's going to be pretty much any day now. So, I'm just sitting here waiting for the news to reach me that he's left, basically. The process feels pretty cruel, but that's just how it works. He's very excited to get started-- to do his work well, and come home safely with all of his guys. I'm excited too in a way, because the sooner he gets this started and checked off the list, the sooner he's done and we're back to a normal, civilian life. These next months are going to be some of the hardest I experience, but there's an end in sight, and I am excited to inch closer towards that end. In the meantime, thank goodness for the derpy, and not-so-derpy selfies he can still text me. There's no better negative one-year anniversary present like a soldier selfie.


No comments:

Post a Comment